Monday, April 19, 2010

the power of our voice

Over the last week or two, I've been engulfed in the ideas that define A Candid Voice. I have been consumed with the importance of stories and the idea of telling stories. My mind has been reeling, trying to grasp what it is about this concept of finding my voice, using it and encouraging others to do the same that has me so passionate.
Slightly frustrated by what was feeling like a failing desire to express myself in an influential and inspirational way, I decided to take a step back and reflect. I spent some time in silence, some time with my journal and some time listening to others that inspire me. During that time, I came across this blog post: Can I Tell You a Story?.
The timing could not have been more perfect.
Through reading this, I was reminded that I believe the world can be changed in a positive way. I believe that I have a voice to tell stories that will make a difference. I am supposed to be using my voice and I am supposed to be encouraging others to do the same. I know this with all of my heart. And if I follow my heart, there will be more light in the darkness...

No comments:

Post a Comment